Tuesday 13 October 2015

Book Review: House of Whispers (Ellie Jordan,. Ghost Trapper #5) - Paranormal Adventure

I jumped up and down when this pre-order arrived on my kindle :)

House of Whispers (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #5)House of Whispers by J.L. Bryan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

J L Bryan is back on form with this story - I was a little concerned by the previous book that the situations would start becoming too large for the intimately scary plots, but not so, I am heartily reassured :).

I gobbled this book up in 3 days, which left me bereft once I had finished it, but I didn't want to put it down, except stuff like work got in the way!

Ellie and Stacey are investigating mysterious goings on at the Lathrop hotel, a big posh hotel with a notorious 4th floor. We're introduced to established ghosts, and anecdotes galore about the haunts in the hotel and, I have to say, I was not expecting the way the encounters panned out. There are a few obvious plot points about the ghosts, but J L Bryan uses them so well, making them almost like distractions so that when the mental sleight of hand occurs it's intriguing and kept me reading and reading.

This is one of the best books in the series, I loved it.

View all my reviews

I'm pimping out the Share a Scare Halloween Blog Hop. It will run on the 31st October as you would expect, but now is the time to sign up.

Have something a little bit scary to share? All bloggers, authors and artists welcome. Just click the link to see all the details:


And here's another wonderful blog hop all you authors might be interested in. The Trick-or-Treat blog hop is run by the lovely Patricia Lynne and the idea is to give away free books to trick-or-treaters visiting your blog.







About the blogger: Sophie Duncan is an author of genre fiction from paranormal adventure to murder mystery. For information about Sophie's books, sign up for The Wittegen Press Newsletter:

We'll send you details of book releases, competitions and other news from our authors, BUT we WON'T spam you, or pass your details on to anyone else.
Wittegen Press

We will also give you 2 FREE ebooks just for signing up.

* indicates required

2 comments:

  1. I love it when books grab you and then leave you feeling sad when you finish them. This sounds like a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fully addicted to this series, and there is another in the works, but I have to wait until next year! *sigh*

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear from you. :)